The Frankfort-Elberta Area Chamber of Commerce is an organization of more than 200+ businesses, organizations, and individuals committed to supporting the livelihood of Frankfort-Elberta and surrounding area.
Frankfort-Elberta Area Chamber of Commerce strives to promote the civic, commercial, educational, and industrial welfare of Frankfort-Elberta and the surrounding area.
Recognizing that the quality of life is our most valuable asset…
- To promote the area as an all season recreational destination.
- To foster preservation of our natural environment.
- To support planned economic growth in the area.
- To assist the efforts of retailers, manufacturers, and professionals in maintaining, and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate.
- To aid the community in identifying area-wide problems and concerns and assist in addressing and resolving these issues.
- To provide services that are uniquely beneficial to the members of the Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber is proud to administer and sponsor many programs of a civic, social, and cultural nature which are designed to increase the functional and aesthetic values of the area. The following are some examples.
- Community Beautification
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Friday Night Concerts in the Park
- Frankfort Craft Fair
- Fourth of July Parade, and related events
- Fourth of July Fireworks
- Port City Art & Crafts Fair
- Frankfort Fine Art Fair
- Collector Car Show
- Street Sale
- Benzie Fishing Frenzy Tournament
- Fall Festival
- Taste of Benzie
- Holly Berry Arts and Crafts Show
- Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Santa’s Visit/Community Sing Along
- Shiver by the River Winter Festival
Please see our Membership Information page for all the details regarding the many benefits and opportunities available to members, as well as membership information.
The Frankfort-Elberta Area Chamber of Commerce is open 51 weeks a year. The Chamber is a member of the: West Michigan Tourist Association, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Maps, magazines, brochures, charts, phone books, etc.
- Publications containing Frankfort-Elberta area attractions, events, member information
- Relocation information packets for families, and businesses
- Economic Development Guide for business
Economic Development Services
The Chamber and its Economic Development Committee work with various local, state, and federal organizations to assist existing business and industries in retention and expansion as well as to attract new employers to the area. The office also produces Economic Development and Information publications for potential investors. Some involved organizations include:
- Frankfort Industrial Park Development Corporation
- Benzie County Economic Development Corporation
- Traverse Bay Area Economic Development Corporation
- Northwest Michigan Council of Government
- Michigan Department of Commerce
Some services offered include:
- Business Relocation Information
- Industrial Park Sites
Thinking of relocating to the Frankfort-Elberta Area? Call the Chamber of Commerce office and ask for our relocation information kit to help you to identify the questions you need to ask, and the sources for the answers – before you make that important decision. Business relocation information and regional demographics are also available.
Summer and Seasonal Job Listing Service
Is your business in need of summer or seasonal help? The chamber now offers a free job listing service benefiting both businesses looking for summer and/or seasonal employees, and individuals looking for that type of employment. You need not be a member to participate.