Fall Festival in Frankfort - October 14, 2017
Annual Fall Festival Celebration in Frankfort
on Saturday, October 14th, 2017
The festivities begin promptly at 11:00 AM with the Fall Festival Parade, featuring The Scottville Clown Band, GIANT pumpkins, locally built floats, and the always popular Mutt March down Main Street. We are still accepting participants for the Parade and Mutt March. Applications can be picked up at the Frankfort-Elberta Chamber Office, on their website at www.frankfort-elberta.comor just show up prior to the parade on October 8 (at beach turnaround) to enter either activity!
Pick up your Fall Festival Souvenir T-Shirts and Cinch Bags at the Frankfort-Elberta Chamber of Commerce booth the day of the festival or at the Chamber office 517 Main St. Frankfort.
Directly following the parade (Parade Registration Form), a host of activities will take place in the Open Space Park.
- Live Music featuring The Scottville Clown Band will perform under the Big Tent!
- Watch in awe as giant pumpkins and squash get weighed-in. There will be cash prizes awarded for several weight categories.
- Kids 5-15 years of age can guess the weight of a giant pumpkin and have the opportunity to win a brand new BIKE!
- Back by Popular demand: Helicopter Rides - $55 per person. Departs from the Boat Launch parking lot and 10th and Main St.
- Pumpkin Ed will there carving a giant pumpkin.
- The Pumpkin Baking Contest is back again!
- Starting at noon, judging for the Home Brew Competition at Stormcloud Brewing Co.
- Free Wagon Rides through downtown Frankfort.
- First Congregational Church will host their Cake Walk at 1pm
- Back by popular demand: Silent Auction 12p-2:45pm,
- Pie Eating Contest (Register at 1:00pm – contest begins at 1:30pm)
- NEW THIS YEAR! Fall Themed - Craft Fair in the Open Space.
All of these activities are located in the Open Space.
A wide variety of activities will be available from 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
- A Beer and Wine and Mead Tent
- Pumpkin Decorating, “Hillbilly Olimpiks”-the silly-themed obstacle course
- Popular Kid’s Games (fee) and a Straw Maze will be all set up in Open Space Park for all to enjoy.
- Participate in the Scavenger Hunt to win cash prizes.
- The Garden Theater will again host FREE showings of “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” at 2:00 and 3:00 pm.
- Watch as a 900+ lb. pumpkin drops from high in the sky onto a vehicle!
The returning BEER TENT will be in the Open Space starting at 11am. Celebrate Frankfort Beer Week with a fun Beer tent with Live Music featuring the Scottville Clown Band and Alfredo.
Footage from previous years here: